Saturday, July 30, 2005

Little Miss Travler


I feel so lucky! This past week at our regular monthly management meeting, my boss had me stand in front of staff and open good-bye gifts. The gifts were so thoughtful! She had put everthing in this really cool, retro bag and inside was a yukata (Japanese robe), Japanese yen, Japanese calling card, Head Start watch, really cool post cards by a Japanese artist, book on Japan, Japanese recipe/food cards, movie cards, and soaps/smelly stuff. It was awesome. The best part was a card that they made to look like a newsletter all about me leaving and moving to Japan. It included pictures of the staff and their signatures/parting words to me. I willed myself not to cry, but the moment I opened that card, I lost it. My job is making it harder for me to leave. I love that place! I heart Head Start!

No comments: