Friday, July 21, 2006

Happy Blogiversary

It's my blogiversary today. One year ago today, I was really nervous about blogging. What will I write about? Who will read this? What if I have spelling or grammatical mistakes? Why am I turning my entire life upside down? Am I insane?

After reading through my year of entries, all of this has changed. Even though I miss my friends, family and cat every single day, I am so happy that we took a risk! Thank you to everyone for all of your support throughout this uncertain and exciting year! I've learned so much about myself, another country, culture and about people in general. After sitting at my desk job (which I loved) for 9 years, I had forgotten about my enthusiasm, joy and love of adventure and travel. In fact, last month, I was interviewed for a book called "Women Who Think Outside of the Cubicle". I'll update you on that when it's published. After talking to the writer for about an hour about why and how I/we made this move, I remembered that the move to Japan was a leap of faith for us. Thank you again everyone for your love and support!

I'm also very grateful to all the people that were able to visit us this year. I hope more people are able to visit. We are happy to open our home and to share our adventure with anyone that wants to come to Japan. There's no way you could have a bad time in Japan. It's a fantastic place.

The honeymoon with Japan is not over.

No comments: