Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's a BOY!!!

Jonah Wellstone Gensler was born today, August 16th somewhere around midnight weighing in at around 7pounds. Parents Andy and Kiki are doing well. I can't wait to meet him! I'm an aunt!

He's named Jonah for my grandfather-Johannan, Wellstone for the late Senator Paul D. Wellstone from Minnesota - a progressive, a fighter for justice and a man of great compassion.

I'm going to make lots of whale stuff for this baby. I get to meet him at the end of this week!

2 comments:

As Good as an ABBA Song said...

Congratulations! Being an aunt rocks because you get to take him out (when he's older), feed him junk food, get him all wound up until he's at the point of collapse, and then drop him at his parents house right before the tantrum comes. Or maybe that's just me and I'm a bad aunt. I'm certain you'll do much better!! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I googled my name out of curiosity. One of the great things about being named "Jonah Gensler" is I always thought I'd be the only one with that name in the world. And then I read about your nephew. We even share similar birthdays (mine is August 11). Pass my email onto his parents if you like. Wouldn't it be funny if we were even related? (Not too many Gensler's in the world either) they can write to me at:
Jonahgensler (((@))) Gmail.com